- EVERY person entering the building must swipe a valid Brandeis ID.
- No one under the age of 18 will be admitted without an adult. Children must be supervised at all times.
- Anyone found propping doors open or letting non-Brandeis users into the facility will be removed and may lose facility privileges.
- No bikes, skateboards, roller blades, etc. allowed in the building.
- Clean, non-marking sneakers are required for all activity spaces.
- All activity spaces close 15 minutes before the rest of the facility.
- Smoking is not permitted in any Brandeis Athletics facility, indoors or outdoors.
- All gym users must follow all University COVID-19 guidelines outlined on the COVID-19 Response page.
LOCKER ROOM POLICIES
- All lockers are property of Brandeis University.
- Lockers are free for both day and overnight use. You can use your own lock, or purchase one from the Equipment Room window for $10.
- Locker use other than one day MUST be registered with Athletic Dept. Contact Logan Jones (email@example.com) to register.
- ALL tall, full-size lockers are for one-day use only! They are NOT available for overnight use.
- Locker clean-out and renewal will occur at the end of each academic year. Sufficient notice will be posted and emailed to all registered users.
- Do not leave valuables in lockers. Brandeis University is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- ADA Accessibility at Linsey Pool: Accessible locker room access for Linsey Pool is located via the pool entrance on the west side of the building between Linsey and Gosman Sports Center. To use this entrance, please call a lifeguard on duty (781-736-3659), who will open the ramp door during open lap swim times.
- Gender-inclusive locker room facilities (private, separate changing, showering, and toilet facilities) are available at the following locations:
- Gosman middle level
- Gosman lower level
- Linsey Pool
INDOOR TENNIS COURT POLICIES
Tennis courts are available on a limited basis. Reservations can be made online.
- Courts can be reserved no more than TWO DAYS in advance. If you reserve a court more than two days in advance you will forfeit your time.
- Only 1 reservation allowed per day.
- Reservations may be 1 hour for singles, 1.5 hours for doubles.
- Reservations are for playing tennis only! If you wish to use the courts for a different purpose please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reservations may be canceled at any time due to scheduling of varsity contests or practices.
WEIGHT ROOM POLICIES
- Facility Staff supervise the room on a periodic basis and will enforce all rules.
- No one under the age of 18 is admitted without adult supervision (Brandeis students excluded).
- Shirt and shoes are required at all times.
- Wipe down the machines after each use.
- Dispose of all trash.
- Re-rack all weights after each use.
- Athletic Staff is in charge of the radio.
- Weight room closes 15 minutes before the building. Please plan your workout accordingly.
- Bags and coats are not allowed in the weight room. Please use lockers or hallway hooks to store your personal belongings.
CLIMBING WALL POLICIES
- Climbing shoes only. No street shoes or bare feet.
- Do not climb with items in your pockets. No keys, phones, wallets, etc.
- Do not leave shoes, bags, or other items on the mats. Leave everything outside the climbing area.
- No food or beverage (other than water) in the climbing area.
- Do not lie, sit, stand, walk, or climb under an active climber.
- Know your route! Do not begin a climb that interferes with another climber on the wall. Check your descent route and fall zones before climbing down.
- Clean up all chalk.
- Be safe and responsible at all times!
Tips for new climbers:
- Warm up! Begin on larger holds to avoid injuries.
- Keep your weight on your feet. Your legs are stronger than your arms! Keeping your hips close to the wall can often make this easier.
- Keep your arms straight. This reduces the work your muscles have to do.
- Remember to rest! Climbing is mostly anaerobic so it can be harder to gauge when you’re getting tired.