We’ve spent time honoring our seniors over the course of the last semester – now it’s time to start getting to know the newcomers, the Class of 2024! We’ll take a team-by-team look at our first-year students throughout the coming weeks, from the Fall athletes who will be making the varsity debuts later in 2021 to the Spring players that we will keep our fingers crossed about seeing in action later this semester.
We start our New To The Judges’ Bench feature with men’s basketball!
SAM ADUSEI – 5-10 – G – WORCESTER, MASSACHUSETTS – ST. GEORGE’S SCHOOL
- A talented player at both guard spots, Sam led St. George’s School to the New England Private School Athletic Conference Class B title in 2020.
- Two-time All-Independent School League selection
- Planned Major: Business
- Favorite High School Subject: Math
- Favorite Pro Team: Golden State Warriors
- Favorite Twitter Follow: Travis Scott
- COACH BAIN: Sam’s combination of speed, athleticism, and balance makes him a threat every possession both in the half-court and transition. Not only will his on-court skills help us win games, but Sam is a natural-born leader with a tireless work ethic to improve that continues to rub off on his teammates each and every day.
KOUROUSH KAHN-ADLE – 5-11 – G – SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA – ST. IGNATIUS PREP
- Koroush was a member of a high-level program at St. Ignatius Prep,
- Helped the team win a Central Coast Section Division 3 crown as a senior
- Planned Majors: Business, Language
- COACH BAIN: He is a tremendous passer with great floor vision but can also really create scoring opportunities for himself both off the catch and bounce. He has great size and strength that allows him to guard multiple positions.
DAVID PEREZ – 6-1 – G – MIAMI, FLORIDA – RIVIERA PREP
- A talented all-around athlete, David played four sports in high school – swimming, volleyball and water polo, in addition to basketball
- Won two District championships and a Florida State Championship at Riviera Prep
- Earned All-County honors
- Has spent time playing with the Venezuelan National Team
- Planned Major: Biology
- Favorite High School Subject: History
- Favorite Movie: Inception
- Favorite Song: Low Life by Future feat. The Weeknd
- Most Memorable Pro Sports Moment: watching Ray Allen hit the game winning shot for the Miami Heat against the Spurs in the 2013 NBA finals
- COACH BAIN: David can impact the game in every way with his scoring, passing, rebounding, and defending and will be a valuable asset for our program over the next several years. In addition to his game, David is a tremendous teammate and vocal leader. He makes his teammates better every time he steps on the court.
RYAN POWER – 6-2 – G/F – WALTHAM, MASSACHUSETTS – WALTHAM
- Ryan has a short commute to Brandeis, having graduated as the all-time leading scorer at Waltham High School with 1,304 points
- Also set school records for points in a season (600) and a game (51)
- All-Scholastic selection by Boston Globe and Boston Herald
- Earned three All-Dual County League honors, including MVP as a senior when the Hawks won the league title.
- Planned Major: Undecided
- Favorite High School Subject: AP American History
- Activity that helps him get through COVID-19: Golf
- Dream Job: Athletic Trainer or Physical Therapist
- Favorite TV Show: The Office
- COACH BAIN: Not only can Ryan really score the ball, he’s a tremendous athlete that loves to work at his craft. As a 6’2 wing, he can play both the guard and forward spot and that versatility is important for the way we want to play on both ends of the floor.
AEDEN USING – 6-6 – F – OLD LYME, CONNECTICUT – OLD LYME
- A 1,000-point scorer as a junior, Aeden was the New London Day’s All-Area Player of the Year as a senior
- Earned three first-team All-Shoreline Conference selections, and two All-State honors
- Led the Wildcats the Connecticut state championship game in 2020
- Planned Major: Biology
- Favorite Movie: Saving Private Ryan
- Favorite TV Show: Peaky Blinders
- COACH BAIN: Aedan has great length at 6’6 and can really shoot the ball for his position. His biggest impact right away might be on the defensive end where he is a tremendous rim protector.