Posted: Jan 18, 2020
BRUNSWICK, Maine – Both Brandeis University track and field teams finished in fifth place at the Bowdoin Invitational today, with the women scoring 40 points and the men tallying 39.
TOP PERFORMANCES – WOMEN
- The Judges' top finish on the day was a victory in the women's 4x200-meter relay. The winning quartet was sophomore Anna Touitou (Pleasantville, N.Y. / Pleasantville) running the lead leg, followed by junior Tessa Holleran (Norwell, Mass. / Norwell) followed by sophomore Sonali Anderson (Fayetteville, Ga. / Whitewater) and rookie Sydney D'Ammadio (Amston, Conn. / RHAM) running the anchor. D'Amaddio crossed the finish line in 1:50.93, a full second ahead of runner-up Colby.
- Sophomore Devin Hiltunen (Quincy, Mass./North Quincy) scored in two events, placing fifth in the 60-meter dash with a PR of 8.21 seconds and fourth in the 200 with a time of 26.84 seconds.
- Brandeis had two scorers in the 600-meter run, with junior Leinni Valdez (Providence, R.I./Hope) finishing second in 1:43.20 and rookie Victoria Morrongiello (Staten Island, N.Y. / Susan E. Wagner) taking fourth in 1:44.40.
- Sophomore Taylor Kane (Windham, N.H. / Windham) placed fifth in the 800-meter run in 2:37.45, and classmate Natalie Hattan (Sugar Land, Texas/Clements) was fifth in the 1000 in 3:12.34 with a personal best.
- Sophomore Kate Danziger (Potomac, Md. / Winston Churchill) was fourth in the 5,000-meter run in 10:55.03.
- The 4x400-meter team of Valdez, Morrongiello, Kane and junior Mahala Lavis (Portland, Ore. / Grant) finished fourth in 4:31.73.
TOP PERFORMANCES – MEN
- The Judges' top event came in the field, where they provided three of the top six in the pole vault. Senior Aaron Corin (Sudbury, Mass./Lincoln-Sudbury Regional) was third in 4.25m (13-11 ¼), while junior Breylen Ammen (Lincoln, Mass./Lincoln-Sudbury Regional) was fifth in 4.10m (13-5 ¼). Both marks were season-bests. Senior Jack Allan (Wrentham, Mass./King Phillip Regional) was sixth at 3.65 (11-11 ¾).
- Allan also scored in the long jump with a distance of 6.30m (20-8) and the 60m hurdes (8.70 seconds, 3rd place). Junior Aaron Baublis (Westborough, Mass. / Westborough) was fifth in the hurdles (9.01 seconds)
- The Judges had multiple scorers in two middle-distance events. In the 800, sophomore Jacob Grant (Rockville Center, N.Y. / South Side) placed third in 2:03.18 and rookie Siva Annadorai (Edison, N.J. / St. Joseph) was fifth in 2:07.36
- In the 1000, grad student Jacob Judd (West Hartford, Conn. / Conard) was fourth in 2:36.65 and senior Alec Rodgers (Wakefield, Mass. / Wakefield Memorial) took sixth in 2:37.72 .
- Senior Lorenzo Maddox (Atlanta, Ga. / Maynard Jackson) was sixth in the 60-meter dash in 7.15 seconds, while rookie Thomas Vandalovsky (Ridgewood, N.J. / Ridgewood) was sixth in the shot put with a throw of 12.77m (41-10 ¾).
- The 4x400-meter relay was third in 3:35.48. The team consisted of sophomore Aaron Portman (Ridgewood, N.J. / Ridgewood), rookie Dean Campbell (Manchester-by-the-Sea, Mass. / Manchester-Essex Regional), Judd and Grant.
- The Judges will compete next weekend at the BU Terrier Classic and the Art Farnham Invitational at MIT.