The Friends of Brandeis Athletics (FOBA) works to promote general engagement from the Brandeis athletics alumni community. FOBA initiatives support a wide range of needs and opportunities for all 19 varsity athletics teams, as well as our recreation programs, athletic training staff, and strength and conditioning. Groups of volunteers within FOBA, our FOBA Executive Committee and FOBA Sport Captains, work diligently to secure philanthropic and volunteer support that enables coaches to recruit and provide student-athletes with the best possible experence.
The Friends of Brandeis Athletics consists of 16 different subgroups. Gifts to the FOBA general fund supplement the Department of Athletics operating budget, and support department-wide initiatives and events including Athletics Homecoming, the Joseph M. Linsey Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Charlie’s Breakfast, a variety of facility improvements, and other miscellaneous efforts to support and improve the student-athlete experience. Gifts to individual teams help cover costs of ancillary team related expenses including team meals, training trips, international travel, extra training gear or equipment, recruiting efforts, new technology, and team bonding activities. Contributions to any FOBA funds help to build a solid foundation for the future of all of our athletic programs.
To make a gift to any of the following Friends of Brandeis Athletics groups, please visit our gift page.
FOBA Executive Committee
The Friends of Brandeis Athletics Executive Committee works alongside athletic administration to assist with strategic planning for all alumni engagement and fundraising initiatives for Brandeis Athletics. Committee members are responsible for developing an annual calendar of FOBA events and communications, develop and implement fundraising strategies in collaboration with Institutional Advancement, coordinate activities with Sport Captains, and serve as a chairperson for multiple working groups surrounding major athletics initiatives.
2020-21 Executive Committee
- Jess Bergman '91 - Basketball, Softball, Track
- Brandon Pick '08 - Baseball
- Greg Allen '86 - Men's Soccer
- Cassidy Dadoas '09 - Women's Basketball
- Geoff Getz '99 - Cross Country, Track & Field
- Caroline Miller '12 - Softball
- Rashad Williams '02 - Men's Basketball
Bold indicates Executive Committee Co-Chairs
FOBA Sport Captains
The Friends of Brandeis Athletics Sport Captains are groups of 3-7 alumni per program who act as ambassadors for their sport. The captain will work to engage a diverse group of alumni in the life, mission and support of Brandeis Athletics in an effort to provide support for our current student-athletes and enhance the relationship between students and alumni. The main role of a sport captain is to assist in the efforts to improve the overall student-athlete experience, as well as provide new opportunities for alumni and supporters to stay connected to Brandeis Athletics.
Sport Captains responsibilities may include:
- Participating in quarterly FOBA Sport Captain conference calls
- Helping collect and update contact information for athlete-alumni
- Brainstorming and assisting with development of alumni engagement programs
- Supporting and attending Brandeis Athletic events, both home or away
- Working with the coach of your sport to plan and promote team-specific events and fundraising initiatives
- Sharing news of events to other athletics alumni through your networks, including social media accounts
- Assisting with major fundraising campaigns
If you have any questions or are interested in becoming involved, please email FOBA@brandeis.edu