The primary objective of the Brandeis University Sports Medicine Staff is to provide a high quality of health care to our student-athletes. This is accomplished through risk management and prevention of athletic injury, as well as injury recognition, injury evaluation, emergency care, first aid, injury management/referral, and rehabilitation. The Brandeis Sports Medicine Staff will make every effort to ensure that the student-athletes will be provided with the proper direction and counseling in all areas of physical and mental well-being.
Meet the Staff
Athletic Training Staff
Dr. Lampros Minos
Dr. Sarav Shah MD
If you need to make an appointment with one of the team physicians, please contact one of the athletic trainers directly and we will help facilitate that for you.
Are you a new or returning varsity student-athlete at Brandeis? Before coming back to campus each year, please make sure you update your information.
Athletic Training Room Rules & Procedures
- It is the responsibility of the Student-Athlete to report all physical injuries, as well as, mental health concerns (anxiety, depression, etc.) to the AT staff as soon as they occur.
- The Athletic Training Room (ATR) is a medical facility. Please be respectful of the staff, students, other patients, and equipment.
- Athletes do not treat themselves. A certified athletic trainer must always be present during treatments.
- Athletes must shower before using the cold immersion tubs after practice / games.
- NO PHOTOS or VIDEOS allowed in the ATR.
- Please ask for permission before using or taking any AT supplies or equipment.
- You must check with an athletic trainer before going to any doctor. If you cannot keep a doctor's appointment or appointment with an athletic trainer, call the athletic training rooms.
- Appropriate attire is required in the athletic training rooms at all times.
- Muddy or cleated shoes are not allowed in the ATR.
- Athletes must shower before receiving treatments after practices and competitions.
- Athletes must sign-in prior to using the ATR.
- Athletes are responsible for cleaning up after themselves in the ATR. If you use rehabilitation equipment, please clean it and return it to the proper location in the ATR when you are done.
- No profanity, derogatory/abusive or disrespectful language allowed.
- Please do not remove any equipment from the ATR unless given permission.
- Please return all equipment issued by the athletic training Staff (i.e. crutches, ACE wraps, braces, neoprene garments).
Additional Resources & Information
Brandeis University and the Brandeis University Department of Athletics does not have a secondary insurance policy. The primary health insurance of the student athlete is the insurance that will be used for any and all referrals to hospitals, specialists, imaging exams, lab tests. All visits to Brandeis Health Center are included in the student fees. Brandeis does have a gap insurance policy, this policy will be used when a student athlete’s out of pocket deductible exceeds $5,000.
Local Hospital and Urgent Care Centers
Brandeis is not in direct partnership with any of the listed care centers. Services will be billed to the student’s primary insurance
Newton-Wellesley Hospital: 2014 Washington St, Newton, MA 02462
Newton-Wellesley Orthopedic Walk-in Clinic: 978 Worcester Street, Wellesley, MA 02482
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
AFC Urgent Care Waltham: 1030 Main St, Waltham, MA 02451
Monday - Sunday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm