ROCHESTER, N.Y. – Sophomore Toby Harris (Durham, N.C./Durham Academy) and first-year Quron Zene (Windsor, Conn./IMG Academy) combined for 43 points and 10 rebounds tonight, but it wasn't enough for the Brandeis University men's basketball team, as they never led in a 79-65 loss at the University of Rochester's Palestra tonight.
- Brandeis: 12-11, 4-8 University Athletic Association.
- Rochester: 16-7, 6-6 UAA.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rochester scored the game's first six points and the Yellowjackets never trailed.
- They opened up a lead 49-34 lead at halftime.
- The Judges shot 56 percent (14-25) from the field in the first half, including 6-for-11 from 3-point range, but UR was even better overall, shooting 63 percent (19-30) and matching the Judges from downtown. UR also hit 5-olf-7 from the line, while Brandeis was 0-3 in the first.
- Harris and Zene combined for 25 of the Judges' 34 points, while UR got 13 points from Ryan Algier and 12 from Logan Jagodzinski.
- Rochester had a terrific rebounding advantage in the first half, grabbing 18 of the game's 24 missed shots.
- Both sides cooled off in the second half, shooting below 50 percent, as the Judges finished the game at 48 percent (25-52) from the floor, while UR was 56 percent (32-57).
- Brandeis shot 11-22 from 3-point range (50%), while Rochester was only 8-18 (44%).
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Harris ended up with a game-high 25 points, his third-highest scoring total of the season and his 12th game with 20 or more points this season.
- He connected on 10-of-14 from the field, 4-fo-7 from 3-point range and 1-of-2 from the line.
- Harris's final 3-pointer was his 69th of the season – seventh-most in a single season by a Brandeis player – and the 100th of his career.
- He also led the Judges with six rebounds.
- Zene finished with 18 points on the night, hitting 7-of-12 overall, 3-of-5 from beyond the arc and 1-of-3 from the line. Zene pulled down four rebounds.
- Junior Sam Adusei (Worcester, Mass./St. George's School) had five assists to lead the Judges.
- UR put four starters in double digits in scoring. Algier finished with a team-high 19 points, while Jagodzinski had 14. TC Price and Matt Wiele each scored 10 points.
- Ross Gang, UR's leading scorer for the season, had just eight points, but also led all players with eight rebounds and six assists.
- UR finished the game with a 37-23 rebounding advantage. The Yellowjackets had 17 second-chance points to just three for Brandeis. The hosts also outscored the Judges, 48-16, in the paint.
- Brandeis heads to Atlanta on Sunday for a showdown with Emory University at noon.