ROCHESTER, N.Y. – The Brandeis University men's soccer team surrendered a late goal for the second contest in a row as the Judges dropped a 1-0 decision to the University of Rochester in a University Athletic Association contest tonight.
- Brandeis, 4-5-2, 0-3 UAA.
- Rochester, 6-2-3, 1-1-1 UAA.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In a scoreless first half, Rochester had an 8-5 edge in shots, but both teams put two shots on goal.
- Brandeis sophomore Quintin Wrabley (Malvern, Pa. / Great Valley) made two saves in the early going of the second half to preserve the tie.
- UR's Santino Lupica-Tondo's best sequence came in the 64th minute, when he denied Brandeis senior transfer Sancho Maroto Tobias (Acton, Mass. / Lexington) and first-year Nico Beninda (Monroe Township, N.J. / Monroe Township) on back-to-back shots.
- The Yellowjackets finally broke through in the 83rd minute when Tony Hypsher connected with Avi Lamba, who scored his first of the season.
- Brandeis earned a corner kick in the 86th minute, but Beninde shot wide in the team's final major attack.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Brandeis had the shooting edge in the second half, 7-5, to only trail by 13-12 for the game. UR had the advantage in shots on goal, 5-4.
- The Yellowjackets were whistled for 12 fouls to 10 for the Judges, while also owning an 8-4 advantage in corner kicks.
- Wrabley made his first career appearance a start, recording four saves and one goal.
- Lupica Tonda had four saves for the clean sheet.
- Brandeis also suffered a late one-goal loss in their previous contest, when Carnegie Mellon scored in the 79th minute of a 1-0 win.
- Brandeis is still in search of its first UAA win as the Judges travel to Emory for an 11 a.m. match on Sunday.
- Rochester hosts NYU Sunday at the same time.