Posted: Mar 26, 2023
WALTHAM, Mass. – The Brandeis University men's tennis team hosted Skidmore College today in a matchup of ITA-ranked teams. The #24 ranked Judges defeated the #30 ranked Thoroughbreds 7-2 on the day.
TEAM RECORDS AND RANKINGS
- Brandeis: 6-4, 24th in Division III by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association
- Skidmore: 6-5, 30th in Division III by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Brandeis men swept the doubles matches for the second time this weekend.
- The #1 doubles team of junior Dylan Walters (Baltimore, Md. / Gilman School) and first-year Tommy Harrison (London, England / National Extension College) won their match by a score of 8-4, while the #2 doubles team of seniors Simon Kauppila (Chesterfield, Mo. / Marquette H.S.) and Hunter Levine (Weston, Fla. / Cypress Bay) won theirs 8-7.
- The final doubles team of junior Chen Liang (Shanghai, China / Shanghai Pinghe School) and first-year Alex Merson (Palisades Park, N.J. / Tenafly) had the most decisive victory for the Judges, winning 8-1 at #3.
- In the singles action, Brandeis won matches at #1, #3, #5, and #6
- Walters won at #1 by a score of 6-3, 6-2, while Harrison won even more decisively 6-1, 6-3
- Liang won by the same score as Harrison at #5, and Levine rounded it out by winning 6-3, 6-1
- The Judges stay at home for their next match this Friday, March 31 when Babson College makes the short trip to visit at 1 PM.