BRONX, N.Y. – The Brandeis men's tennis team traveled to face UAA foe NYU today. Thanks to a sweep of the doubles matches and good performances in the singles matches, the Judges took the victory 6-3.
TEAM RECORDS AND RANKINGS
- Brandeis: 7-5, 31st in Division III by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association
- NYU: 6-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- First-year Tommy Harrison (London, England / National Extension College) and junior Dylan Walters (Baltimore, Md. / Gilman School) started the day off strong for the Judges, taking their match at #1 doubles in a decisive 8-1.
- The doubles teams of seniors Simon Kauppila (Chesterfield, Mo. / Marquette H.S.)/ Hunter Levine (Weston, Fla. / Cypress Bay) and junior Chen Liang (Shanghai, China / Shanghai Pinghe School)/ first-year Alex Merson (Palisades Park, N.J. / Tenafly) help complete the doubles sweep for the Judges, both winning by a score of 8-3 at #2 and #3, respectively.
- Walters continued his day by winning his singles match at #1 6-3, 6-4.
- Harrison also took his singles match in straight sets, winning 6-1, 6-3 at #2.
- Harrison's victory secured the win for the Judges by getting their fifth point on the day.
- Liang won the sixth and final point for the Judges, winning his match 7-5, 6-2 at #5 singles.
- The Judges return to action this Thursday, April 6 when Trinity (Conn.) travels to Waltham for a 4 PM match.