WELLESLEY, Mass. – The Brandeis University cross country teams both ran to victory this afternoon at Wellesley College. The men had the top 11 runners to defeat Regis, 15-50, while the women edged the host Blue, 40-43, and two other teams.
- Senior Matthew Driben (Reading, Pa./Wyomissing) picked up the win, covering the 5K course in 16:03.9. It was his second career win at the meet and the fifth top-five cross country performance of his career.
- First-year TJ Carleo (Newburyport, Mass. / Newburyport) was second in his collegiate debut with a time of 16:30.1.
- Junior Willem Goff (Pelham, Mass. / Amherst Regional) was third in 16:32.5, while sophomore Daniel Frost (Hanover, N.H. / Hanover) was fourth in 16:48.9, a second better than his performance last year at the meet.
- Sophomore Lucas Dia (Montclair, N.J. / Montclair) was fifth in 16:59.1, giving the Judges 56-second spread among their top five runners.
- The women had five of the top 15 runners to edge past Wellesley.
- Senior captain Bridget Pickard (Westwood, Mass. / Westwood) led the way with a fourth-place finish. She covered the course in 19:02.7, 36 seconds off the winning time by a runner from Mount Holyoke. The time was an 18-second p.r. for Pickard.
- First-year runner Katriona Briggs (Menlo Park, Calif. / Menlo-Atherton) was 11 seconds behind Pickard in fifth place with a time of 19:13.7.
- Junior Juliette Intrieri (North Salem, N.Y. / North Salem) was third with a time of 19:41.9. Classmate Katie Lyon (The Woodlands, Texas / The Woodlands College Park) made her second collegiate race count with a 12th-place finish of 20:24.4.
- Junior Kyra Au (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) finished up the top five with a time of 20:43.9, good for 15th place.
- The Judges' spread of 1:41 amongst their top five was 26 seconds better than Wellesley's.
- The Judges return to action on Sept. 17 at UMass Dartmouth.