Posted: Oct 29, 2022
ATLANTA, Ga. – The Brandeis University men's cross country team place eighth overall today at the 2022 University Athletic Association championships hosted by Emory University at Nash Battlefield Farm.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- As they have been all season, the Judges were paced by senior Matthew Driben (Reading, Mass./Wyomissing). Driben placed 50th overall with a time of 26:30.3 over the eight-kilometer course. He matched his previous career-best at UAAs with his 2019 placement.
- First-year TJ Carleo (Newburyport, Mass./Newburyport) was the team's second finisher for the second time this season, the first since the season opener at Wellesley. He PRed for an 8K course with a time of 26:41.3, 2.1 seconds ahead of his previous best. Carleo placed 56th.
- Brandeis's third runner was first-year Rob King (Clarksville, Md. / River Hill), the first time he was that high for the Judges. He came in 62nd with a time of 27:00.3, a career-best by 11 seconds.
- Sophomore Lucas Dia (Montclair, N.J. / Montclair) was fourth on the squad with a time of 27:27.6, good for 68th place. He improved by four places from his UAA debut last year.
- Junior Henry Nguyen (Worcester, Mass. / Worcester Vocational Tech) and sophomore Dashiell Janicki (New York, N.Y. / H.S. for Math, Science and Eng. at City College) rounded out the scoring for the Judges, placing 73rd and 74th, respectively with times of 29:04.2 and 29:11.6. Nguyen's time was a PR.
- The Judges will close out the 2022 regular season next weekend at the NCAA East Region Championships at Bowdoin College.