WORCESTER, Mass. – In their final dual meet of the 2019-20 season the Brandeis University swimming and diving teams swept host Clark University. The men were 142-110 victors, while the women won, 135-105. Brandeis won 24 of the 32 events on the afternoon. The men finish up at 6-6, while the women are 5-9.
- Junior Uajda Musaku (Winthrop, Mass./Winthrop) was the lone triple winner on the day, dominating the freestyle sprints. She took the 200 (2:05.33), the 50 (25.85 seconds) and the 100 (56.22).
- Two other double winners for the women were junior Emily McGovern (Chatham, N.J. / Chatham) and rookie Bailey Gold (Berkeley Heights, N.J. / Governor Livingston).
- McGovern won the 100 breaststroke in 1:11.69 and the 200 in 2:34.90. Gold took the 100 butterfly (1:00.40) and the 400 IM (4:51.53). She was also second to Musaku in the 100 free.
- The men produced four double winners. Junior Richard Selznick (Las Vegas, Nev./Palos Verde) captured the 1,000 freestyle in 10:22.17 and came back to win the 400 IM in 4:23.33.
- Senior Tamir Zitelny (Syosset, N.Y./Syosset) won the 100 backstroke in 55.56 seconds and the 100 fly in 52.88 seconds.
- Junior Marcelo Ohno-Machado (San Diego, Calif. / Torrey Pines) touched first in the 500 free (5:06.74) and the 50 free (22.37 seconds).
- Junior Daniel Wohl (Chapel Hill, N.C./Chapel Hill East) was the winner of the 200 freestyle (1:47.98) and the 100 free (48.83 seconds) and also was runner-up to Ohno-Machado in the 50.
SINGLE EVENT WINNERS
- Sophomore Abbie Etzweiler (Malvern, Pa. / Great Valley) – 1000 free – 11:50.35
- Junior Audrey Kim (Livingston, N.J. / Livingston) – 100 back – 1:03.21
- Senior Adrienne Aponte (Pompano Beach, Fla. / Fort Lauderdale) – 200 butterfly – 2:25.11
- Rookie Becky Goodfellow (Lakeville, Mass. / Apponequet Regional) – 200 back – 2:21.38
- Sophomore Rafi Rubenstein (Longmeadow, Mass. / Longmeadow) – 1m diving - 147.10 points
- Sophomore Benjamin Francis (Brooklyn, N.Y. / Brooklyn Friends School) – 200 back – 2:09.24
- Rookie Joshua Liu (New Hyde Park, N.Y. / Great Neck South)– 100 breaststroke – 1:04.69
- Women's 200 medley, 1:55.19: Gold, sophomore Olivia Stebbins (Willington, Conn. / Edwin O. Smith), rookie Ema Rennie (Dublin, Ohio / Dublin Scioto), Musaku
- Men's 200 medley, 1:43.90: Zitelny, senior Junhan Lee (Peachtree City, Ga. / Stars Mill), sophomore Sean Riordan (Westford, Mass. / Westford Academy), Ohno-Machado
- Women's 200 freestyle, 1:51.33: Aponte, sophomore Elizabeth Brown (Pembroke, Mass. / Pembroke), Etzweiler, Goodfellow
- Men's 200 freestyle, 1:33.51: Sophomore Benton Ferebee (Germantown, Tenn. / Memphis University School), Francis, Lee, Ohno-Machado
- The Judges wrap up the 2020 regular season at the UAA Championships at the University of Chicago starting on February 12th.