ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. – The Brandeis University women's tennis team met its seed today as the 31st-ranked and seventh-seeded Judges defeated the eighth-seeded University of Rochester in the seventh-place match of the University Athletic Association tournament today in Florida.
- Brandeis: 10-10, ranked #31 in Division III by Intercollegiate Tennis Association.
- Rochester: 6-13.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Judges rolled to a 3-0 lead in doubles action. First-year Ella Chase (Lincoln, Mass. / Lincoln-Sudbury Regional) and sophomore Cecilia Denis (Ardmore, Pa. / Lower Merion) opened with an 8-3 win at #3.
- Sophomore Sabrina Loui (Honolulu, Hawaii/Punahou School) and first-year Nancy Zhang (Shanghai, China / Shanghai International Division) were 8-6 winners at #2.
- Sophomore Bhakti Parwani (Ahmedabad, India/Kumkum School) and first-year Rebecca Suarez (Huntington, N.Y. / International Virtual Learning Academy) rounded out the doubles sweep at #1, 8-6.
- The Judges quickly dispatched their opponents at the bottom of the singles order to clinch the win, with Chase winning 6-0, 6-2, at #5 and junior (Ella Subramanian Parkland, Fla. / Laurel Springs) finishing things off, 6-1, 6-1, at #6.