BOSTON, Mass. – The Brandeis University women's track and field team set one school record and had the team's best performance at the 2023 NEICAAA outdoor championships at Northeastern University on Friday and Saturday. The Judges did not score in either the men's or women's meet.
- Leading the way was the women's 4x100-meter relay team. The Judges finished in 11th place, and set a school record in the process with a time of 49.12 seconds. The team of junior Alya Campbell (Eastchester, N.Y. / Eastchester), first-year Shaniece Nugent (Hartford, Conn. / Lawrence Academy), sophomore Smiley Huynh (Bronx, N.Y. / Bronx H.S. of Science) and senior Devin Hiltunen (Quincy, Mass./North Quincy) broke the record set a year earlier. All but Nugent were on the previous record-holding relay quartet.
- The highest finish of the weekend for the women came in the 4x800-meter, where Brandeis placed ninth with a season-best time of 9:54.40, four seconds out of scoring position. The team consisted of senior Victoria Morrongiello (Staten Island, N.Y. / Susan E. Wagner), sophomore Kayla DiBenedetto (Andover, Mass. / Andover), senior Bridget Pickard (Westwood, Mass./Westwood) and first-year Ella Warkentine (Malvern, Pa. / Conestoga).
- The top individual performance came from Alya Campbell in the 100-meter hurdles. She ran 15.09 seconds, a season-best and 0.07 seconds off her school record set in 2022. The time was about half a second out of qualifying for the top eight, in 12th place.
- The men's best finish came from first-year TJ Carleo (Newburyport, Mass./Newburyport), who came in 13th place in the 1,500-meter run. He posted a personal-best time of 3:56.25. He was sixth among D3 runners.
- Also among the top 20 in individual events were Devin Hiltunen, who came in 18th in the 200-meter dash with a time of 26.00 seconds; sophomore Lucas Dia (Montclair, N.J. / Montclair), who was 18th in the 3000-meter steeplechase with a time of 9:58.31; and Shaniece Nugent, who was 19th in the triple jump with a distance of 10.65 meters (34-11 ¼).
- Women's 400m – Liz Korn, 1:00.6, 27th place
- Women's 400m hurdles – Yahni Lapa, 1:08.73, 28th place
- Women's 400m – Hannah Bohbot-Dridi, 1:00.73, 29th place
- Men's 400m hurdles – Ori Slotky, 58.58 seconds, 31st place
- Women's 4x400-meter relay – Bohbot-Dridi, Hiltunen, Korn, Lapa, 4:04.40, 11th place
- Men's 4x400-meter relay – Carleo, Kim, Morris-Evans, Slotky, 3:33.92, 18th place