Posted: Oct 29, 2022
ATLANTA, Ga. – The Brandeis University women's cross country team placed seventh today at the 2022 University Athletic Association Championships hosted by Emory University in Atlanta.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Juliette Intrieri (North Salem, N.Y. / North Salem) led the team for the second meet in a row, finishing in 26th place with a time of 23:02.3 over the six-kilometer course. She was about 20 seconds off her PR for 6K, set a week earlier, and she improved her best UAA performance by 18 places.
- Running second for the team was senior Bridget Pickard (Westwood, Mass. / Westwood), who placed 32nd overall with a time of 23:16.0, just 14 seconds behind her teammate. She shaved eight seconds off her PR and improved by 35 places.
- Junior Lizzy Reynolds (Winchester, Mass. / Winchester) was the team's third runner, coming in 39th with a time of 23:35.7. She was eight seconds off her PR and improved by 19 places in the standings.
- Junior Zada Forde (Leverett, Mass. / Amherst Regional) ran fourth, taking 50th place with a time of 23:49.9. missing a PR by 14 seconds.
- First-year Ella Warkentine (Malvern, Pa. / Conestoga) rounded out the Judges' top five with a 63rd-place finish and a time of 24:28.2.
- Junior Katie Lyon (The Woodlands, Texas / The Woodlands College Park) and first-year Katriona Briggs (Menlo Park, Calif. / Menlo-Atherton) rounded out the top seven in 66th and 69th place and times of 24:50.2 and 25:03.4.
- The Judges finished with 184 points, 30 ahead of Rochester and 13 behind Carnegie Mellon.
- The Judges will compete at the 2022 NCAA East Region Championships in two weeks at Bowdoin College.